SimCity 4 What's your favourite version of SimCity?

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by sam_lawrence, Oct 5, 2004.

1. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

What's your favourite version of SimCity?

I was having a think the other day - what is my favourite version of SimCity? I debated with myself for quite a while and still didn't come to any conclusion :p I like them all but for completely different reasons. So i was just curious as to what everyone else's favourite was! Tell us for your favourite here, and maybe tell us why it is your favourite. I'm still undecided i won't say yet, but i will later :p

2. copter

copter New Member

I hate to say this, amongst the new age of SimCity 4 etc, but I really liked SimCity 2000. It had the ability to create a city, then 'plug' it in to other games like Streets of SimCity and SimCopter. That was something I really liked about the game. Aside from that, for me, it was the easiest one to actually make money with. ;)
    Copter.

3. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

That's a good point actually i hadn't considered that. But so far i'm leaning towards SimCity 3000/3000 Unlimited largely because of the lasting appeal it had for me. It's the SC i played most before losing interest, but then again SC4 is so much better in terms of graphics, management,options and so on. Also the amount of user content out there, and it's easy moddability, for SC4 is a huge plus. Give me another expansion pack for SC4 and i might lean towards that though.

4. hahaha

hahaha New Member

My favourite is SimCity 4 Rush Hour/ Deluxe Edition because it has good graphics and it is, in my opinion, easier to play.

5. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

I happen to quite like the Rush Hour expansion pack. It seems to be a lot easier to get past 20,000 population whereas with the original SC4 I had a hard time getting much higher than 15,000.
    The little side missions you can also do make the game a bit more interesting, and can help a lot if your money is getting into the red.

Overall I would have to say that Sim City 4: Rush Hour is one of my favorite computer games once you get the hang of it.

6. djrules5454

djrules5454 Wiivolutionary

SC4 definitely. Especially with all the mods and plugins I have gotten from various sites.

7. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

I love SC2 for the nostalgia value. I remember that game, for me at least, was a constant battle with the church. I was always playing Bop a Mole with any churches that sprang up. :silly:

I love SC3 the most simply because of how easy it is to expand and still maintain a clean and efficient city. The game functioned in modules, so you could be as methodical as you want, adding new blocks as you see fit, and there was no hurry nor distractions that would ruin your city planning, like in SC4. I remember my crowning moment in my SC3 career was when I started a new city, and managed to recoupe my building expenses and had started making money within the first year! I think I'd discovered all the tricks and nuances there was to know by then. I've finally managed to "beat" a Sim game. :D

SC4 has got to be my greatest nemesis yet, aside from the sims' stupidity in TS1. The way the roads automatically aligned themselves interrupted my pace every time I went to build a few new blocks, so most of my cities ended up looking like an old quilt; all patchy and barely functional. That, and there're SO many tiny little details you have to watch over WHILE you're expanding, which limited how big my cities would eventually grow. I'm a perfectionist so I tend to over-micromanage my cities too much to expand. I guess I still have a lot to learn about this game.