When & How Did You Get Addicted?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by danom8, Oct 21, 2006.

1. magorienX

magorienX Long Time Lurker

I think I first played the original sims at a friends house. It was an intriguing prospect but I held out on buying it for awhile. When I did got completely addicted for about two weeks then lost most of my interest. TS1 felt very weak in the game play area. I mainly built things.

So, after my purchase of the game in 2002 it basically sat on my shelf. In summer of 2005 my sister bought her copy of TS2. I played it for a short time and so did she but then our attentions fell off. It wasn't until Christmas 2005 that I became addicted. I was completely bored one day during Christmas and I saw the game on my shelf and installed it. It exploded from ther

2. skatoolaki

skatoolaki New Member

Being in the technical field and an avid gamer, I'm always trying to keep up with the latest "up and coming" cool gadgets and games. I read about the upcoming The Sims in a gaming magazine and was so excited I could hardly wait for it to come out.

I'm also a writer and I love creating families. When I was young, I would just sit and come up with these huge families in my head, writing down their names, who they married, and carrying out the lines for generations. Every name on the page had a special story in my head about what had happened in their lifetime. I don't know why or where I ever even got the idea, but I loved doing it.

With The Sims, I would have a chance to actually create people, families, and play out their lives. Of course, at the time, I couldn't do the "generational" thing, but it was exciting enough to have this amazing, virtual dollhouse to play goddess with!

My sister and I both owned The Sims and all of the expansions that came after - often comparing stories. When the announcement came that The Sims 2 was being made, we were ecstatic.

Finally, I could create my generational families, with rich story lines and interesting people - and they would no longer just be in my head. I could see them, play them, and have them interact with one another in a game I already dearly loved to play. It was a dream come true.

It's probably why I have so many 'hoods (7) and SO many Sim families (too many too count) all going on at any given time, and why I had to create my website to keep up with all of it!

When new expansions are coming out, I get incredibly too excited (and then frustrated with the wait). I haven't read a thing about Seasons or looked at any pictures because it will just drive me crazy! I thought Pets would *never* get here!

That's my Sims addiction; I'm a proud and crazy Simmer, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

3. simgurl84

simgurl84 New Member

It was the year 2001. June to be exact. I was on the phone with my best friend and she wasnt talking about anything or acting interested in anything I had to say. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was playing the Sims. I asked her what that was and she explained. About a week later after harassing my mother to by it for me (hey, I was a sophomore in high school) she finally gave in. I was instantly hooked and Ive been addicted ever since.

4. Xela

Xela New Member

It was probably right after TS1 came out. I was on the phone with one of my friends and he was trying to explain the game to me and it sounded completely bizarre... then I went over to his house and we played together for quite a while and I was pretty much hooked after that.

5. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

I got hooked as soon as TS1 came out for mac. Unfortunately, our computer couldn't handle anything more than House Party, and ever since TS2 came out, I have been waiting and waiting for a computer that will run it..... I got a super-duper computer this christmas, as well as TS2 and open for business- I've barely stopped playing it since!!! :D