When is Sims 2 out and Where can I buy?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Jul 17, 2003.

1. rainyinwa

rainyinwa New Member

lol from the begining of the year to the end
    mabie well luck out and thay relise it sooner but ya whts the point of wating maxis likes to keep us wating ahahha
    part of the supenincehahahaa cant say i like it tho lol

2. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I've heard a lot of new computer technology is coming out this year, so maybe at this rate I'll wait to save up for a new faster better computer AFTER I get sims 2 and see how well it plays on our current machine... :p

3. SimsRMyLife

SimsRMyLife New Member

Sims 2 Body Shop

Any one know when this is scheduled? I know it's supposed to be out in May to download, but I've never heard a definite date? Any Clues?:rolleyes:

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Where did you hear it's supposed to be out for download in May? Wherever you heard that maybe check back to see if they have a date yet! I hadn't heard about it!!! :eek:

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

In one of Lucy's letters last month she said that BodyShop was in beta testing and that they were planning for it to be released "next month" (ie May). That was assuming it passed the beta testing, which is supposedly going well.

However, no one from Maxis has yet given a specific date. Some people are guessing the SimDay during E3, others are figuring the Simday after E3. Others are sticking to the now removed "May 10" which Gamespot had suggested (which is a Monday.)

So, with any luck, it will be out sometime in the next 3 weeks. ;-)

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Cool! I'll cross my fingers and rev up my photoshop then! haha! :D If it comes out this month I might make myself and my hubby as sims to celebrate our anniversary. ;)

7. crdpolaris

crdpolaris New Member

I think the best way is to just preorder it. I waited for Unreal Tournament 2004 and I went to every computer place in my area and they were sold out for two weeks. I finally broke down and ordered it online and it still come before stores had it available.

8. evil_kitty

evil_kitty New Member

is the free shipping for U.S. residents only? It probably is..and that sucks:angry: oh, and it takes like 2 weeks for it to arrive so I guess that it's better for us Europeans just waiting till it comes to stores:silly: we're not that crazy about this game here so it'll get sold out in like 2 hours, so I'm good!

9. DarkLordRasputin

DarkLordRasputin New Member

B&W 2 Vs. TS2

The new Official Release Date is September 17, 2004!!(POSTED BY: MAXIS:( cry:

So Pre-Order NOW!!

That is really far away that tickes me off:mad:

Well ill get Black & White 2 when that comes out my guess is that it will come out before The Sims 2!!

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I didn't know they were making a Black and White 2... now I'm curious about that... hmmm... if it comes out before sims 2 I might use it for a distraction waiting for sims 2... ;)

11. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

The Available Date I saw!

Why does it take so long for the sims 2 come out? I Heard about sims 2 last year before x-mas. looks like they keep changing the date but I saw 9/14/04! :cry:

That sucks! It should come out before september and to who pre-ordered it did you really get it in March? :confused:

I want the game real bad! I can't wait! :happy: :grin:

12. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Maxis has not been changing the date. They only changed it really once (from spring/first quarter 2004 to the real date: September 17th.)

If you saw September 14, then you were looking at an unofficial site. (Probably the same kind of place where you got a March date, which Maxis never said. They told us in January it would be some time in the second half of 2004.)

The reason they had to move it from spring/first quarter to September is that the game was just not ready. Even as early as October they were saying that it probably would have to be released later than they had figured in May2003 when they were first talking about it.

However, BodyShop (formerly known as CaSIE) is out. You can get it from the Sims 2 official site, under "showcase."

13. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

If this was posted last year....

then why did we all frantic about what the release date was...

14. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Perhaps its sorta okay for the delay, cause I didnt figure out the sims 2 was coming out until like a few months ago. Now ill have time to get a comp that can run the game, as well as enough money to actually get the thing.

15. poochielvr04

poochielvr04 New Member

The Release Date Of The Sims 2.

v

Actually the release date of the sims 2 is: September 17th, 2004!

16. poochielvr04

poochielvr04 New Member

Cant wait for the sims 2!!!

I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! I AM A HUUUGGGEEE FAN OF THE SIMS. I HAVE THE SIMS DOUBLE DELUX, THE SIMS SUPERSTAR, THE SIMS VACATION, THE SIMS UNLEASHED, AND THE SIMS MAKIN MAGIC...........BUT.............I WOULD TRADE ALL OF THAT FOR THE SIMS 2!!!! WOULDNT YOU GUYS???!??!

The sims 2 is coming out Sept.17th and you can buy it anywhere:Fred Meyer, Compu Smart, anywhere!
    [Copter:please no excess caps, and don't post the same info twice. Thanks.]

17. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

I wouldn't trade any of my sims. Because I'd rather collect all the the sims and play them when I need something very stimulating. But I wouldn't stop playing the sims 1 because the sims 2 came out. I'd continue on playing the sims 1. So I like playing the sims. It helps me to build a better use of a house!

18. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

The sims is my all time favorites! No ifs and and buts about it

19. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

I would never trade my Sims 1 games in. BUT that's only because the Sims 2 will only work on the better computer which is used by everybody while the computer I use is just below the requirements so then I have a game to play when somebody else uses that better computer.
    Eh I better start saving up some money too -.- keep spendin it all on manga lol

20. wize_guy123

wize_guy123 A ***** Retiree

You never know they may be collectable in the future...