How Do I Where to download?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by broken_hearted14, Oct 1, 2006.

1. broken_hearted14

broken_hearted14 New Member

Where to download?

I'm new to this Simstuff.com site and I was wondering, what folder do u download the stuff to?! i'm soo confused lol....please help me!! :confused:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I usually store downloads in a folder found under

C:\Documents and Settings\valued customer\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads

and you have to remember to open and install the download or it won't show up in the game.

3. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i have looked for this place C:\Documents and Settings\valued customer\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads and i dont have it

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

valued customer...hmm...never seen that one before.
    Just check "My Documents\Ea Games\The Sims2\Downloads"

If there is not a downloads folder there, just create one, title it Downloads

5. krazzy kezzy

krazzy kezzy foodlover

i have done what you said but how do i get them on the game after saving them in the downloads file i created

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Get a program that installs them directly to the game. I use the Sims File Maid 2. You can find her using Google. Open the FileMaid program, drag the rar or zip file you want to install onto the "lawn" and voila, downloadiness.

Make sure you get any meshes or it won't work. The creator should have a link if the mesh isn't included.