Who can marry who?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Orion, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Orion

Orion New Member

Who can marry who?

I'll probly find out by this weekend but can will my childrens children be able to marry each other? This would be a cousin marrying a cousin.

Me and my wife are working on our original selves great grand children. We've long died and so have our children. Our childrens, children have teen-agers who are close to becoming adults. I am looking at marrying them to each other if this is possible.

Me and my wife actually have 4 starter families who either we've created or married to the neighborhood Sims. I like to stop with 2 or 3 children but my wife has a family with 8 children, not all at home of course. 2 of her family of 8 have married 2 of the children to one of my children. My wife is playing with the grand daughter and I am playing the grand son. I have 2 boys and a girl and she has 2 girls and a boy, so far. I've stopped. I'm looking forward to great great grand children, 5th generation.

I have so many sims from children, I have a whole wall at home dedicated to these family trees with little cardbord circles with all the sims and strings running from parents to children so I can keep track at a glance who belongs to who, who is whos children and who is married to who.

2. aharris

aharris New Member

I seem to remember that first cousins can marry.

3. Xenu

Xenu New Member

No, there have to be a minimum of two steps between.
    A sim's grandchildren cannot marry each other, but the grandchildrens children can.

4. Javin

Javin New Member

Am I the only one that finds it incredibly awesome that he and his wife play this game together?

-Javin

5. aharris

aharris New Member

I know. I wish I could con my husband into playing, but he is less than impressed. He thinks it's all just a big soap opera.

6. zydeco

zydeco New Member

Personally, I'm glad mine doesn't! lol I'd have to share this comp with one more person. As it is, we sit back-to-back, he on his laptop playing fantasy football and baseball while I play other things on mine. We each have our own little worlds. I was tickled with the family tree charts on the walls, though. Reminds me of old text games and my walls covered with hand drawn maps of underground caverns.

7. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Ah, good old text games. My hand-drawn maps had little moveable pieces on them, while I shouted "GO! GO! GO!" at the rest of my team while we cleared the enemy base of every living being, though.