Who here plays the Blizzard games?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by FinalFantasy4ever, Jul 29, 2003.

1. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

lol that would be so very amusing. very amusing.

2. OinkUsed2BABunny

OinkUsed2BABunny Perma-banned.

oh yeah, I forgot to mention that was a pretty good strategy you had there, FF4E:

"If you can't beat them... waste their time!"
    :D

But then of course there's better things to do than to panic and surrender the moment you see a SCV rolling past your outpost... even though you later find out that it's your own danged SCV... but that's besides the point. The point is, we could use the old "Bait and Switch" tactics against them. Here's what you do:

Player 1 and 2 are friends, and they snatch a third poor bastage to join in a 3 on 3. Now before the match, one of them ally with Player 3, telling him/her that "I'm gonna watch out for you." Then when the match starts, the "Spy" would build bunkers, or preferably Sunken Colonies, in P3's base, and when the "Spy" is ready, he/she changes allegiance back to the the remaining Player. Then watch the third guy's base get smoked. The best way to do that is to reassure P3 that you'll "Keep an eye on your base, now go swarm the other guy" and then spring the trap after he mobilizes his forces! I said preferably Sunken Colonies because, yes, the Marines and/or Firebats will still be able to fight even after the Bunker(s) are destroyed, but the Creep will still linger for a long time after the SC is gone. That does far more harm than you'd think, especially on a tight map where there's little room to build on. And dont forget the Lurkers!
    :LOL:

3. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Has anyone here played freelancer. Kind of fun.... solo play offline or you can multiplay it. It's a lot like a game I played eons ago on mac but with much better graphics.

4. FinalFantasy4ever

Never played it nor heard of it. Oink that strategy would be perfect on a micro map if you are zerg. I love how they creep around and then nobody can build on it unless theyre zerg themselves. Its hillarious

5. OinkUsed2BABunny

Too bad I havent actually played multiplayer against anyone in my SC career. :p I'm sure a lot of people have more than enough strategies of their own to counter mine, but like I said, that's where cheating comes in! I know, I know, cheats are disabled in Multi, but there ARE still other ways to "cheat" ;)

Michelle: You're talking to a hardcore gamer here (like that's a good thing :p), so of course I've heard of Freelancer. I've seen shots of it, I know a bit about it, and I so wanted to play it too. You should make a new thread about the game, if you have it that is, and enlighten us. If you also happen to know of or have played Earth and Beyond or Jumpgate, then we're in business!

6. FinalFantasy4ever

There are other ways to Cheat namely hacks (now an official no no if you want to stay on bnet) and of course the lovely backstab.
    That's always fun to do but then you dont know if the person backstabbing their original allies really is allied to you or if they will atempt to kill you.

7. OinkUsed2BABunny

From what I've heard hacking and duping is still allowed on Diablo 2. That isnt even on bnet though right? I've read too much about too many games, so I'm confused.

The backstabbing tactic isnt there for earning wins or anything serious, but for fun really. You could say that yes, you cant really trust anyone to cooperate with you, but you dont earn anything without risking something in return. You COULD just team up with a rl friend or something, but your reputations would soon preceed you and there'll be noone left (but n00bs of course) who'd be stupid enough to fall for that again.

8. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I don't like game that misrepresent what they do. This is always a dangerous line to cross when you go in for over-hyping a game. I bought a game on the basis that it could play big battles - but it couldn't - not in single player mode. The add-on put that right, but I didn't buy the add-on because I was incensed with the original mis-representation.

9. ccboy

ccboy New Member

I like Diablo. I didn't think too much of Diablo II, though.

10. FinalFantasy4ever

I know for sure that hacking is no longer allowed on bnet and they will delete your account and there is a chance of making your cd key not work if they catch you. I am not sure on the duping part.

11. ccboy

ccboy New Member

That sucks. LOL!

12. FinalFantasy4ever

oh yes it does. Many of my friends had to make new accounts and they had real good records w/o hacking too. Haha to them though!

13. OinkUsed2BABunny

I would agree with you on that reguarding the Sims.

Instead of WoW, how about Universe of Starcraft or something like that?

14. FinalFantasy4ever

oo yeah! That'd be cool!
    Hey has SC Ghost come out yet? if yes is it any good? I havent checked their site and I'm WAY to lazy to do that even though it is my homepage lol

15. OinkUsed2BABunny

Whew, now [B[that[/B] is lazy.

I went to two different Gamestops on Wednesday (after watching The Return of The King of course ;)) and they've both got the pre-order empty boxes kinda thing out. I'm more excited about this non-exsistent WoS game that I made up than I'm about SC:G to be honest.

Those darned MMORPG's. They're making so many of them, and most are just the same old game with a different story made up by a different company and no true content. At least they havent made a Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh MMORPG yet... or have they!?
    :panic:

16. FinalFantasy4ever

Hey if anyone cares to play against me on B-net, they can find me at night on one of the games. Screen names- Safia68 and when on WC3/FT Safia68@azeroth
    I hang out in Channel Bored

17. OinkUsed2BABunny

You're what what in the what doing what at what time now? :confused: