Who Let the Pets Out?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Yeah if we do get pets we need to see cats on counters and tables raiding the plates (and sims who are able to shoo them off). Dogs should beg for scraps at table and big dogs should be able to get get their front paws on the table and steal the pork chops ... :p

2. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Sorry to be picky, but what does T for Teen have to do with the lifespan of pets?

3. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

T-for-Teen means making teenagers sterile and unable to WooHoo, babies indestructible, drugs (including legal ones) non-existent (apart from caffiene), that kind of thing. And making pets sugared-up to the extent that their lifespans were unrealistically extended would push it too far. See? ;)

4. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

hmmmmm..... I'd love to have dogs,cats guinea pigs dog houses. When one of your sims were home say they HATED a sim the dogs would bite at the mail man or sim and run away! Or dogs trained to fetch the paper!

5. aharris

aharris New Member

Or maybe dogs trained to guard your house so that when teh burglars come, they take care of it instead of the sim havig to have an alarm or call the cops. Wouldn't it also be funny on the reverse if some dogs were naturally protective and attacked burglars for breaking in while others had to be trained because otherwise they'd follow a burglar around trying to make friends? :)

Wouldn't it also be interesting if cats also showed a wide range of personality? What about the cat that took an instant dislike to the toddlar that was endlessly fascinated with its tail and finally turned around scratching the kid? Not so funny in real life (although the kid has to learn sometime IMO), but funny as hell in a videogame. Just like some cats are natural mousers, and others will just watcxh mice like some vague form of entertainment (training aspect needing to come in again).

6. ChaosShade

ChaosShade New Member

I'd like to be able to breed pets at home, then sell them. That way sims could be animal breeders as a new home based business.

7. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

groomers, trainers, pet boutiques, yes: cross breeds and horses.....

8. mirdonamy

mirdonamy New Member

I second KatAnubis! I agree with everything listed here 100%

I have 5 kiddies (kitties) at home, my children. They do NOT go outside. I don't want my cats (in the Sims) to go out either (it's not safe). Also, a life cycle for pets is very preferable. We should be allowed to cremate & bury our beloved pets who've passed on.

Arie