How Do I Why there is such a small amount of things in the game?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simasa2, Aug 20, 2007.

1. simasa2

simasa2 New Member

Why there is such a small amount of things in the game?

Hello,

Im newby in the game. I have The Sims 2 and The Sims 2: Open for Business. i didnt try to do business yet, but when ill do one, i will ask you questions about it probably :) Anyway, I dunno where is pool table in the buy mode? Where is better computer? Why there is such a small amount of variuous things?

You know, I had The Sims 1 on my playstation 2. There was a lot of great stuff. I dont see that on The Sims 2.

I think I should download furniture and other stuff from the net and yes, i did that, but a lot of them needed not only OFB, but also every expansion pack before it. After all, my game do not load and crashes now, when i installed and downloaded all those things. I dont want to reinstall everything, so probably i will have to buy every EP now all to OFB. But still, i dunno where is like better computers, better TV's and that.

Hopefully you understood everything...

Cheers,
    S.

2. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

Hey, simasa. :)

I guess you're downloading stuff from EA's official site? I say don't bother with that one. It sucks if you don't have all the expansions and stuff packs. Besides, the things you get there aren't nearly as good as you can get elsewhere. A site that I strongly recomend is Mod The Sims 2: www.modthesims2.com/ There is so much great stuff there and the some of the creators are fantastic.

Keep in mind that some downloads can be bad and mess up your game. So you should be careful with where and who you download from.

We also have a Our Favourite Download Sites thread here at WorldSims. I've made it start at the end for you -- the thread is quite old and some of the sites don't work anymore, so that's where it would be best to start: at the end. Sounds weird, I know. :rolleyes:

I dunno if you get lots of stuff with OFB (it's the only EP that I don't have) but there should be some. It might not be much compared to the playstation version but, hey, at least you can download heaps. :)

You'll find the better computer in the same place as the cheap one. Heres a pic of how it looks like (though the screen is folded down when you buy it, which doesn't make it look like a computer at all:(

[​IMG]

The better TVs are in the same place as the cheap one--they're the flat screens. I think you find computers and TVs in the same place actually (electronics, I think it's called :rolleyes:).

Correct me somebody if I'm wrong. :eek:

3. simasa2

simasa2 New Member

Hello,

Thanks for big reply. I will try to use the sites you mentioned. I just didnt understand well, why EA placed on the game such a small assortiment of items in original.

Anyway, i will really try solve all my problems and i will get all the expansion packs (although, actually, i dont know well whats the point of them) and try to download some stuff.

I downloaded objects from these two sites:

http://www.****-my-sims.com/
    http://www.4eversimfantasy.net/

4. muffin-tacos

muffin-tacos Queen of Xeex

No problem. :)

The point of OFB (the EP you have) is that your sims can manage their own shops in their homes as well as community lots.
    I'd recomend that you get the Seasons EP because that gives you weather which, if you ask me, is a big hit with sims. Everlasting summer gets a bit boring after a while.

Stuff packs give you, basically, just stuff. If that's what you're interested in. ;):D

5. simasa2

simasa2 New Member

Hey, I have another question, but didnt want to make a new thread for that: how can I move the sim to another house? For example, sim earns enaugh to move to a better house, which i downloaded from the net. How can I move him to live there?

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

There's a "move sims" button in the Neighborhood control panel down by the circular control at bottom left. Click that and then you click the house you want to move the sims out of. They'll be moved to the so-called "sim bin" from where you can select them to move them to a new house. Make sure that you load up their inventories with all the stuff that you want them to keep before you exit to neighborhood screen cos moving them out will sell all the stuff in the house that isn't in their inventories.

7. simasa2

simasa2 New Member