SimCity 4 Will there be a SimCity 5?

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ULTICOM, Dec 14, 2002.

1. ULTICOM

ULTICOM New Member

Will there be a SimCity 5?

If so, will it allow trains and buses to follow player defined routes? Will those routes affect the neighborhoods? (building a subway through a residential neighborhood will be more welcome than a surface rail or elevated line.Business districts don't want to lose a days' revenue but still want something to bring in more customers.Finances or geological situations will sometimes only allow an elevated line.)
    Speaking of elevated lines, will there be any elevated rail service? Are you going to revive A Train?Can I design it.
    You guys do an excellent job in the graphics phase of the game but I suggest that each member of your programmming, design and layout team live in a real city of size say New York, Chicago, Shanghai, Sydney or Tokyo for year or two. That will expose you to the nuances of a city rather than your oversized
    town.
    I like Sim City but I'd love it if it wasn't CARcentric and I think a sizeable group feel the same way, besides you could always make my suggestions a user enabled feature or REVAMP
    A Train as a mass transit version of Sim City! Wishful thinking huh!
    Anyway excellent work guys!

2. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

Judging by the success of previous SimCity titles, i think a SimCity 5 wont be unexpected. You've got some nice ideas there!

3. ULTICOM

ULTICOM New Member

RESPONSE TO SAM LAWRENCE REPLY

Thanks for responding to my post. It is nice to know someone actually is paying attention

4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Let's wait and see what SimCity 4 is capable. Definitely there will be a SimCity 5 unless Maxis gets hit by bankruptcy or something else.

5. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Not very likely eh Josh. Yeah I really want to see what SC4 can do and , who knows. Maybe some expansionpacks will come as well? I hope so, I want even more about fauna and flora.

And yes. Less cars please, just in real life. Good for the environment. :classic:

6. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

maybe SC 5000 instead of simcity 5...or maybe simcity online?

7. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

I cant help but think if there were two people working on the same city (SC online) that the two would fight over the budget and placement of utilities. In other words i dont think an online SimCity would work. However there will definitly be expansion packs.

8. PhilipTarbuck

PhilipTarbuck New Member

I should think a Sim City 5 is virtually certain. Some games have failed although they are very good, sound, games. Sim City 4 has clearly not failed judging by the number of sites associated with it and its position in the Charts and its beautiful quality.

9. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I believe in expansion packs as well. Especially after wht I heard on one of the events. I don't remember who said it, but it seems they already have ideas. :classic: