Will we ever get a true SimCity 5? Shacknews asks Maxis

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by Judhudson, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Will we ever get a true SimCity 5? Shacknews asks Maxis

[​IMG]Who loves and adore SimCity 4?* I do!* I wish someday we’d get a true sequel to the game - SimCity Societies, SimCity Creator and SimCity on iPhone just doesn’t cut it.* I want a TRUE SimCity 5 with many more features and update graphics.* Shacknews agrees, which is why they asked Lucy Bradshaw of Maxis if they plan to go back to their roots:

Shack: I was playing SimCity 4 last night. It’s been a long time. When are we going to see SimCity 5?

Lucy Bradshaw: You know what, honestly, the Sims division owns the SimCity franchise. I did SimCity 4 with the team, and honestly, I love SimCity. It’s my favorite game ever. It’s what got me into gaming, and I want to see that franchise do well.

Shack: So… would you say that EA is committed to the franchise?

Lucy Bradshaw: Oh, absolutely. In fact, there’s a new SimCity version that’s out for the iPhone.

Shack: Yeah. It’s pretty good.

Lucy Bradshaw: Yeah, and there’s lots of different directions… I think, you know, Maxis games have traditionally been something that allows you to take a lot of different avenues and different directions. It’s about, where would we reinterpret [SimCity]. When that comes to the fore, and that passion’s in the right place, all of a sudden we’ll be able to take advantage of it.

Not much to go by, is it?* No, not really.* In fact, back in 2004 Will Wright was quoted that “We were still appealing to this core ‘SimCity’ group. It had gotten a little complicated for people who had never played ‘SimCity.’ We want to take it back to its roots where somebody who had never heard of ‘SimCity’ can pick it up and enjoy playing it without thinking it was really, really hard.”

So yeah, it doesn’t appear likely and if it was, it’ll probably easier than SimCity 4…* Oh well, at least I have CitiesXL to look forward to.* The way that game is shaping up, it’ll have to be our “SimCity 5″ for now.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Although I loved the looks of SimCity 4 I hated the hard a** gameplay!
    Man it was a pain in the butt to play!