Will you buy SimCity (2013)

Discussion in 'SimCity (2013)' started by ManagerJosh, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Just wondering do you plan on buying the new SimCity?

I'm excited about it, but at the same time, my excitement is tempered by the fact that I know the game will die in a few years.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

I have no plans to buy it. I doubt my computer would handle it as it barely handles TS3. If I want a Sim City I can still play SC4.

3. ManagerJosh

I'm personally having a hard time justify buying it honestly. While I'm impressed, I'm not sold on purchasing it.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Considering I still have tons of other games to yet install as well as play my psychic resources are telling me no.

5. ManagerJosh

Share some of that psychic resources :p :p :D :p

But yea, definitely I feel you on this one. It's nice and all, but it just feels...well.. lacking.... like it is missing something that the old SimCity has.

Plus that always on DRM requirement is annoying too.

6. swmeek

My psychic resources tell me you're a dork! :p
    07 15 23 34 44 45 try those and we'll split the profits!! :whistle:

7. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

I was throwing money at the screen as soon as I heard about it.
    But now I'm having second thoughts. I really hate the DRM that will be included and the fact that the game will no longer run if EA shuts down the servers and doesn't patch the game. I also hate the new "regions" not just for the city size but the fact that it looks so bad having cities all lined up with patches of grass between them.

8. swmeek

Oh well Minecraft still has me hooked for now !

9. ManagerJosh

You raise a great point Flamey :p. Since there is no "offline" mode, what are we paying for? It doesn't even seem to be a permanent license. It seems like we're paying for nothing? Even with games like StarCraft and StarCraft 2 there is a tangible offline mode.