Troubleshooting Windows won't light up a room!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by pocheros, Jul 9, 2007.

1. pocheros

pocheros New Member

Windows won't light up a room!

I just bought and installed The Sims 2 Deluxe a couple days ago. Everything seems to work fine except windows won't light up a room, no matter what time of day it is. I've made buildings that were just squares and placed windows on every section of the wall, but it stays dark. I feel like I might be missing something obvious here but I can't figure it out. Even default buildings that come with The Sims 2 won't light up. I've heard of a bug where rooms on certain floors won't light up, but for me it doesn't matter which floor the room is on.

Also, one of my sims was swimming in a pool when he randomly just started standing up on it, like it was a regular floor. It disappeared when I told him to keep swimming, but yeah. Odd.

I haven't downloaded any patches yet either. Deluxe is The Sims 2 plus Nightlife, all on one CD. Help would be much appreciated. :)

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Go into your game options (the three little dots) and adjust your lighting. The game default is low lighting, which doesn't allow light through the windows.

Try medium or high, depending on how good your computer is.

That should solve it.

3. pocheros

pocheros New Member

Ohhh. I feel so dumb. XD Thank you very much. :D