Wondering Something

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by DisturbedS, Jul 23, 2004.

1. DisturbedS

DisturbedS New Member

Wondering Something

I would first off like to say hi, as I am new to these forums. I would also like to ask all who read this to answer one question. You see every time my roommate or myself makes a sim character they end up slightly off kilter so to speak. We ether end up making elaborate story's behind our characters or they end up drunks, of their own choice. Is this a normal occurrence? Thank you for answering.

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I don't see a problem with the story telling.... however what are the underlying causes of your sims drinking? bad marriage? a job they hate? too many kids or no kids at all?

3. Trinasis

Trinasis New Member

So you sim drinks and get drunk right? Well it could be a lot of things why this happens! Maybe something bad happen. Like losing the job, wife, death in the family, or just bored

4. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Sims will go to whatever is closest to them with the highest fun/comfort/entertainment rating when they're bored and you aren't telling them what to do. They are just trying to fulfil their needs, so you might want to give them another option for fun in the house placed closer to the area they're usually in. Mine absolutely LOVE the Virtual Reality helmet... but it's a little expensive to get early on!

You could try an experiment, take out the bar, and put in a hot tub... see what your sims do then. Mine want to LIVE in the hot tub, haha! :p

And no, I don't think it's odd to make up stories about your sims, I do that too! :D

5. DisturbedS

DisturbedS New Member

Thank you for answering. Its just weird that I managed to set them up to be drunks and they turn out that way.