Would Maxis Cancel Sims 2?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ManagerJosh, Aug 7, 2003.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Would Maxis Cancel Sims 2?

Yeah I know it sounds outrageous, but technically this would be the third game the would have announced publicly they would be canceling.

After all, they did have plans for Simsville and SimMars but both were canceled.

So..do you think Maxis would cancel?

2. mattho

mattho New Member

Definately not a franchise this big. And they've already started promotions, and even demonstrations at E3 - SimMars and Simsville weren't nearly as big.

3. kelley1976

kelley1976 New Member

After all they have started here with fans they'd be lynched if they cancelled it now! Especially since after hearing about TS2 many of the TS1 players grew bored and stopped playing in anticipation.

4. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

It wouldn't really surprise me if they did cancel The Sims 2. They've done it before and I'm sure they'll do it again.
    Although if they did cancel this game they would be putting their own head in a noose seeing as there are so many simmers interested and excited.

5. REDXIII

REDXIII New Member

NOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.U ARE EVIL!!!your gonna give me a nightmare!

6. mattho

mattho New Member

It would definately suprise me. Each game that they start promoting for, costs money and time. It would be a stupid business move for them to suddenly cancel this project (with no good reason - there's too much interest in this game), given that they've already done this twice with the other two games, and that they know it's a mistake to stop something they've already started.

SimMars and Simsville were cancelled because there was a lack of interest. Just visiting the boards of The Sims 2 at the official Sims Website, and just look at the level of activity that registers in one's mind - Maxis knows this. And who wouldn't make a sequel to the apparant most sucessful game of all time?

7. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

i wuld never get over it!it wuld surprise me the same way as u sayin that they WULD cancel it!!

8. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

simmars? never heard of it! lol

9. starchip

starchip Guest

If anyone has sim city 3000 (the first one not unlimeted)

go to the demo section and you will see a advert for sim mars.

also if youplay sim city 3000 alot you might see a factory call sim mars reserch team.

so they did do some advertizing for sim mars but not alot.

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think there has been enough development etc. that there is no turning back now. :D SimMars and Simsville just had short little promo video ads in other games as far as I know, and not whole sections of the official site or multiple promo movies and screenshots like this! :p Besides, I kind of felt like going to the console games was like a step on the way towards developing Sims 2, why do all that and not take the final (and most profitable!) step? ;)

11. Gaploxter

Gaploxter <Nicest person ever.

with all the time they put into the game i hope that they wouldn't cancel it.

12. usman

usman New Member

Hello this is my first post here. I don't think Maxis will cancel it now. I mean they have really spread the news around and there have been articles, previews etc. Many big gaming sites like Gamespot, IGN have wrote articles so I don't they will cancel it now.

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Hi usman! Welcome to the forums! :D I think you have a good point about all the articles at the major gaming sites, with all the press releases and interviews and screenshots it would seem almost impossible to back out and not release it now!

Now delaying the release because they have a few more things to work out... THAT would be my worry now! :eek:

14. Gaploxter

Gaploxter <Nicest person ever.

hope they don't push it back

15. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

yeah. that would soooo suck

16. ManagerJosh

I don't know...Simsville had articles previews even screenshots. Gamespot and IGN were posting news about it 24/7 up till when Maxis announced it was cancelling it.:confused:

17. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

heyy...welcum usman 2 the forums..well i dont think they wuld but @ least when they say the official release date, i dun think they'll cancel it by then lets jus cross our fingerz till then i guess ;)

18. kazekwok

kazekwok New Member

I hope they not cancel the project. if they do so, many people who like this game will really upset and disappoint it

19. ManagerJosh

Welcome Kazekwok!

We're are really hoping they do not cancel Sims 2...but everything is still in the air until Maxis goes Gold with the project.

20. kazekwok

kazekwok New Member

Sometime i saw Maxis web site. I felt they would not cancel the project, because they discribe really specific somehow they show many sreenshot , trailer and movie stuff. beside On the gamespot the sims 2 designers giving us some diary. In the Maxis they answer us lot of question and give us so many information how the sims 2 work how is look like.