Wow... So this is what....

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kimblee, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Kimblee

Kimblee Hyperactive Goddess

Wow... So this is what....

A clean sims game feels like...

i've used mods for so long, i forgot what it was like having to wait three whole days fro a pregnancy, or several to make a sim fall in love...

I had to clear out my whole sims game (it got buggy) and while i managed to save ALMOST all of my pretty clothes... no mods (other than replacing the pillows in fights with fish) seem to have survived...

I feel so...

dirty!

I waited a whole three sim days for a preggy sim to have her baby, and my sims are dropping right and left because of me not having a motive monitor...

oh well.... Zolf Kimblee has a grimmy phone and ain't skeered to use it. :rolleyes:

so anyone gone through "Mod withdrawl"?

Its kinda funny how much i used that InSim though.... don't think I'll get it back either.

2. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

That fish fight mod sounds great! :D I used to use mods, but then the computer culled and I had to restart everything (that was the first time, mind you). Then I only used a few, like the Multi-Pollination Technician hack and things like that. Then the computer crashed again, and I decided I'd just not bother. It doesn't make a difference for me anymore. All I have are some downloaded clothes, makeup, hair, wallpaper, floors, and recolored objects. It makes me feel like I actually have self-control. I downloaded a whole bunch of wallpapers the other day, and then a few days later I decided to delete them. After actually thinking about it, I'd probably never use them. They didn't look so good in-game anyway.

It's great to use your brain! :)

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I'm a download junkie, but it doesn't affect my load times much and the game runs OK. PDL takes a long time to load but it does have more than 600 sims. Veronaville loads much quicker, so I think it's my game data and not my downloads. I may have to clean some stuff out once I get the Pets EP. I have considered deleting most of my DL's but there are some I "need," like Porter Kane's blue eyes and Raj Delacroix's hair.

I use a lot of Pescado's hacks. I still wait three days for a pregnancy and play the game pretty much as intended, with modifications like use bathroom, which to me just prevents boredom. I also love "do homework" mostly because I had a hard time finding where those precious little buggers had hidden it. Used to drive me crazy, especially in big families, trying to figure out whose homework was whose and who hadn't done theirs yet. So yeah, I guess it's technically cheating but it saves my sanity, which is in scant supply as is.

I do have the Insiminator, which I have used to rescue Witch Baby from more than one pickle. She once accidentally put a sim in the energizer when he was in the green, for example. I've used it to change names (I hate the name Bottom Summerdream. What kind of a name is Bottom to give a little girl? I changed it to Moth. There's a fairy called Moth in A Midsummer's Night Dream that I've always had a soft spot for.) I've used it to create instant family members, or turn someone into a vampire. But otherwise I pretty much leave it alone.

4. Kimblee

Moth? Oh that's so pretty! Next baby girl born gets named Moth in my game, if you don't mind of course SBW...

What happened to witch baby's poor simmie?

And do the two of you play the same families?

I've been having a good time, but my preggie ladies are so hard to please!

I'm gonna move poor Marta and her hubby to a new house and forget abotu Devil's Nest, its an ugly hosue anyway....

(I hate thos elumpy terains.... you flatten them and get a yucky trough thing)

also, its harder to kill sims I dislike, I gotta put them in "dead" rooms....

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

AAAAHHHHH! I love my mods!! I don't play the challenges because I like having the mods. Yes, I could play without them, but, why? I wish I could use them in real life! ;)

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

the last time everything crashed I have only slowly been adding stuff, and am playing w/o mods except jealousy only when steady or married. so far so good. SBW your veronaville story so I'm playing with Kate and Bianca inspired by the bbc retelling of Taming of the Shrew. However their retell wasn't nearly as well done as their Midsummer Night's Dream.

7. Kimblee

akk... my old problem is back...

I go into a new familiy's house and everything is froze... no one moves, no tiem passes...

:confused:

that's okay, I'll delete the whole caboodle ont hat family and start anew... it only took me a few minutes to amke them.

8. surprised_by_witches

Of course not! It's not like I invented the name ...

He was just fine. I did "refresh" and he was all in the green again, no harm done. She came upstairs in tears because he was almost dead but Mama saved the day.

No. We tried that a while ago but it never quite worked. We might do it again sometime. We had the Strange family living across from the Normal family and we were going to have their kids get married.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems! I can't think what's causing them. Did you do a reinstall?

And hmmmm ... Suitemichelle. Kate and Bianca. Knowledge and Romance? Or maybe Romance and Pleasure. I never could stand Bianca. Spoiled little witch. She seems like a pleasure sim to me. Kate now, that's tricky. She wants true romance, but she also seems like a thinker ...

What a good idea. You should post pictures!

Can I get those retellings on DVD? I'm a big Shakespeare fan, though my knowledge on the subject's a bit rusty.

9. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I would say you probably could... I've been watching them Sunday pm's on the BBC channel.

10. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Oooo - Where did you get "jealousy only when steady or married"? That would be very handy to have!

My favorite version of The Taming of the Shrew was also done by the BBC, but it was years ago - late 70s or early 80s. It featured John Cleese (Yes, THAT John Cleese from Monty Python and A Fish Called Wanda fame) as Petruchio. I thought he was BRILLIANT in that part!

My second favorite version was one that they did at the Globe Theatre in London a couple of years ago. Unlike in Shakespeare's day, where all of the parts would have been played by men, this one had all of the parts being played by women! It was really interesting, and a lot of fun.

Back on topic - I haven't played with too many mods because I've never been sure how they would work on my Mac. Recently, however, I've been trying out a few from MATY, and I must say, they do help lessen the little annoyances that slow up game play - Such as Perfect Plants, which keeps weeds from sprouting everywhere! Now I can have that perfectly landscaped yard without it looking all shaggy most of the time!

11. surprised_by_witches

I used to be really wary but now I've got a lot of MATY's mods. I use Bathroom Uses You and Macrotastics. I love them! It's so nice to just click on my sim and tell them to clean, repair, use the potty, skill ... I also have his phone mod that lets you call all of your friends or family automatically, rather than having to tell them to call each one.

I have the vampire fix and the don't bug the baby fix, which actually can save your sim's lives. I've had a sim almost die from being turned into a vamp against my will (he was already in a bad mood and that really depressed him ...), and a vamp who almost died because he wouldn't leave his grandson alone after the sun went up.

The Lot Debugger saved more than one family from being unplayable and fixed a problem Witch Baby had with a floating coffin that teleported across the yard.

I've got the college timer thingy and college rampage, which have saved me from never sending another sim to college. I like the six slots and the two saveable and the more career options, but my mind was going numb. Now I play college in fast forward except for the socializing parts, as college is where most of my sims decide who they're going to marry, if they're going to get married.

Anyway, none of these mods feel like cheating because I still need to work at getting promoted, being in a good mood, having good relationships with the sims they live with, etc. I consider these mods to be more like fixes to the game that make it more enjoyable to play.