How Do I Wron Version?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Burnview, May 6, 2006.

1. Burnview

Burnview New Member

Wron Version?

So when I install an expansion pack for the Sims 2 (like Nightlife), and I go to run it, it's telling me that I am running the wrong version. To my knoweldge, I have my game already up to date... Can anyone help ne out with this? It is always happening when I install an expansion pack.
    Thanks in advance!
    This the the error screen that shows when I go to play Nightlife:
    " You are running the Wrong Version of The Sims 2. Please run The Sims 2 Open for business instead."

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Use the desktop icon for the last expansion pack you installed to start the game.

eg if you added Nighlife then Open for Business ... you only need the Open For Business disc and the OFB icon to start the game. All the Nightlife features will also be present.

3. Burnview

Burnview New Member

I had Open for Business on first and what you're saying is:
    Even though I installed Nightlife after Open for Business, the content for Nightlife will be on the game if I click on the Open for Business icon?

Hey thanks for replying so fast and sorry about posting in the wrong Thread...

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Urrrr. no ... the last one you installed should be the one you use, So if you had OFB 1st then added NL you should be using the Nightlife disc and the desktop icon that was made by Nightlife ... :eek: it's all very confusing :rolleyes: it helps to to remember that you need an M and an A to make both Maxis and Mad ... LOL

5. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

What Mirelly said was true originally, that you played the game on the last installed expansion... I wonder if maxis finally fixed that so it doesn't matter in what order they are installed. So I'm wondering Burn, if NL shows up when you play from OFB, or if you are going to have to save your game and unistall everything so you can reinstall in the correct (order of expansion releases)

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up, Michelle. :eek: I reread wot I wrote last time and realised it made no sense at all. Goodness knows what I thought I meant :rolleyes:

7. GabyMl

GabyMl New Member

i'm having a similar problm, only it does't tell me what version i should be using. i've had to reinstall everything and uninstall and also body shop isn't working and since i'm a creator that's a problem.