How Do I Yes I need some help with the Sim's 2 site...

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ktbugqt, Apr 21, 2005.

1. ktbugqt

ktbugqt New Member

Yes I need some help with the Sim's 2 site...

For some reason I can't download the objects and such from the site... Does anybody else have this problem? Is so send me an e-mail at . Please somebody help because I really want the cute bunny bear!! lol thanks!!

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

DId you product register? :)

3. ktbugqt

ktbugqt New Member

Yes I did

Yea I registered my game, but everytime I finish downloading the object and such it pops up a message and then closes out...... I really wish I could figure this out its drivin me nuts!

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

I'll try to help but you gotta meet me halfway ok?
    First what is the "message" that pops up?
    Second, what do you mean by "closes out" - do you mean the message box goes away or does the whole exchange webpage close and disappear?

Next I'd need to know about your computer?

What browser are you using? AOL? Internet Explorer? Something else?
    It would be useful to know if the computer is using a Firewall?

Course the chances are the message that "closes out" is actually telling you that the content has been successfully installed ... and you just have to go find it. :)

5. ktbugqt

ktbugqt New Member

Ok here's what ya need to know...

Ok here goes...
    The message that comes up says: Please double click a custom content package file to install the content. Then the window it popped up in closes out... I looked all over the site and I couldn't find the custom content package file.... I have aol internet (9.0) and my computer is a dell (with windows xp). Sorry for not getting back to you right away my dad had knee surgery this past weekend.... Thanks for trying to help me figure out the problem!!

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

OK. No problem. Hope Dad's knee is better.

Any AOL users wanna help out? I know diddly about about AOL 9's handling of downloads.

Meantime ... Take a look in My Documents/My Downloads for any files that are described as Sims2Pack (those are the sort that need to be be double-clciked for them to install. To find out about file types choose "Details" From the "View" menu at the top of the My Documents window.

NB My Documents/My Downloads is the default directory used by XP for saving any downloaded files to.

7. ktbugqt

ktbugqt New Member

okay

yea my dad's knee is a lil better.....
    Thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it... I am going to look in my download now for the files....... Hopefully somebody knows why i cant download this stuff lol....