How Do I Yes, I'm a dumbbunny. No, I'm not sure if restarting preloaded games is possible.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Maddikins, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Maddikins

Maddikins New Member

Yes, I'm a dumbbunny. No, I'm not sure if restarting preloaded games is possible.

So I was moving families from one neighborhood to another because I decided that they were better suited elsewhere, and I moved the Brokes and the Pleasants by mistake. I read somewhere that there's a way to bring back the original family files so that they will still have the same relations and everything, but for the life of me I can't find the page. Heck, I might be making the whole thing up, so let me ask it this way:

1. Is there a way to reload the original Maxis families into Pleasantview without having to reinstall the entire game, and
    2. If there is a way, what are the files I need to do it?

Thank you!

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

First off it is not a good idea to move sims (either as whole families or else as individuals) from one neighborhood to another. The reasons are complex but it is basically due to the fact that importing sims does nmot take into account relationships or memories ... in effect every sims gets separated from their memories of each other ... like the sims the remember are not the sims they move with ...

Resetting the original neighborhoods isn't hard. Either delete or else drag to the desktop the folder named:

My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

When you restart the game the orginal three neighborhoods will be rembuilt from scratch exactly as if you have just installed the game.

3. Maddikins

Maddikins New Member

Heh, believe me, I learned that lesson the hard way. I'll give that a shot, thanks!