your families

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simstar517, Jul 30, 2003.

?

which life stage r u most excited about?

1. baby/toddler

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. kid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. teen

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  4. adult (even tho they were in TS1)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. elderly

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. aging in general!

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

:D There IS life after 50... and I hope I make it there! :p I think I could warm up to playing my sims as they get elderly, it could be fun playing grandma before I'm even a mom in real life. (I'll spoil them rotten...hahahahahaaa...)

Isn't half the fun of playing sims to play other roles besides your own? I guess I could see a lot of teens wanting to play teens but I don't think that means older players won't get a kick out of playing teens too. ;)

I think there are odd ideas about what far away places are like no matter where you live, and where YOU live will be far away and exotic to people who live far from you! :D I live in Texas so lots of people think I would live on a ranch with oil wells and have horses and wear a big cowboy hat. ^-^ I don't even have the local accent though!

2. SolidSnake_19

SolidSnake_19 Senior Moderator

The elderly stage kind of makes me wonder what they can do.. Would some of their abilities be taken away and them move slower, etc? :confused: It definatly looks like an interesting stage for me.

Well for one thing, unlike the majority of some places, I don't deem guns dangerous. I see them as a tool. Just like any other tool they can be used for good or bad.
    It would just be nice to see them in the game. Plus, be easier to get rid of pesky neighbors. ;);)

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I find myself looking forward to playing my sims as elderly, like you I'm curious about whether they'll not be able to move as fast, or, say, change to not liking playing basketball so much, for instance. Will there be any "help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" moments for instance? Will they become bedridden, or will they need less sleep as they age? (my grandma as she got older was only needing 3-4 hours sleep every night, I've heard that's common.) I hope they give a lot of "clues" or "cues" to let me know my elderly sims are about to reach the end of their life cycle because I'd like to have a little time adjusting to the idea of them dying!!

As for the guns thing, I think Maxis will stick to things like the zapper guns the clown catchers and repo man have. Maybe someone can hack those so you can call security to get rid of pesky neighbors bugging you. ;)

4. Gaploxter

Gaploxter <Nicest person ever.

i like the whole aging process

5. simsamgrl16

simsamgrl16 New Member

yea im gonna take two adults n see wut happens wit them jus to explore they will b my 'experiment' sims lol ;)

6. katrina

katrina New Member

I can't wait for the Sims 2!!! I think I am gonna love playing with the teens the most!!! Awww that girl is so sweet when she gets her first kiss. And it will be so fun to play with them because of their mood swings and all the potential problems that can cause: teens throwing tantrums, being sent to their room, having parties etc. It is going to be soooooo fun!!! The toddlers will be fun too seeing how they interact with the other ages. They look really cute. And old people will be great. I've never been close to my grandparents, it will be cool being able to create pretend ones and see them interact. I think I'll make my grandma in my first family my teen girl's best friend. Oh I soooo can't wait!!!

Ps. can anyone tell me how to change my signature please? I'm new

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think your idea to make the grandma friends with her grandaughter is really sweet! You can have her spoil her! ;) :D

8. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

I'm interested in seeing if someone could invent an everstone and keep us at a certain age forever :p

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

haha that would be fun to just have SOME of your sims not age... ;) I hear you can turn off the aging so your sims don't die but I don't really understand if you can start with them aging and then turn if off when your sims have already aged, or if you have to start with it turned off in the options.

10. katrina

katrina New Member

Or someone should create the fountain of youth, that keeps your sims young. And if they drink too much, and adult will change into a teenager or a kid! That would be cool. :)

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

hmm regressive aging?! Imagine your grandpa becoming a fussy toddler again! haha! They probably won't do that but it would be fun if that could happen someday.

12. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

well thats lovely... what would u do with guns anyhoo?

13. katrina

katrina New Member

I imagine teens will be able to do more than old people and toddlers, though, don't you think?

14. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Yes, I think you mostly right. The toddlers are learning, and the elders are retiring with pensions but still able to help around the house, etc. Altho.....

15. lilfaeriegirl078

lilfaeriegirl078 New Member

they may take more care, in which meaning that u would have to pay for their expenses which leads to the point that some grandparents may be like abe simpson and suck at babysitting, which then leads to shotty day care and we can rap this up and conclude that..... its easier to get a babysitter. :D

16. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I don't know about that. Sometimes you just can't afford an outside sitter. just remember give the kid lots of love and attention or you will stifle his/her potential.

17. katrina

katrina New Member

I wonder if you have to pay for surgery. Maybe you can go to a public hospital and wait ages with your sim in pain before you go or choose to go to a private hospital and get charged heaps. If you have to pay for it have old people could get expensive.