San Francisco, CA — April 26, 2012 — Black Hat, the world’s leading family of information security events, today announced Chris Rohlf and Chris Wysopal will be joining the Black Hat Review Board. Comprised of 21 experts throughout the areas of information security, the review board advises Black Hat on its strategic direction, assisting in reviewing and programming conference content, and providing extended reach into the research community. Black Hat USA will take place July 21-July 26 at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. For more information visit www.blackhat.com.
Chris Rohlf is an independent security consultant and owner of Leaf Security Research where he specializes in vulnerability discovery and reverse engineering. Chris has ten years of experience in various security roles including developer, researcher and consultant. Prior to founding Leaf SR he was a Principal Security Consultant at Matasano Security in NYC and has previously worked as a Security Researcher for the US Department of Defense. Chris has discovered and published numerous security vulnerabilities affecting web browsers, operating systems and more. He has spoken at industry conferences including Black Hat and is the author of numerous open source security tools
Chris Wysopal, Veracode’s CTO and Co-Founder, is responsible for the company’s software security analysis capabilities. In 2008 he was named one of InfoWorld’s Top 25 CTO’s and one of the 100 most influential people in IT by eWeek. One of the original vulnerability researchers and a member of L0pht Heavy Industries, he has testified on Capitol Hill in the US on the subjects of government computer security and how vulnerabilities are discovered in software. He published his first advisory in 1996 on parameter tampering in Lotus Domino and has been helping researchers avoid this type of mistake for 15 years. He is also the author of “The Art of Software Security Testing” published by Addison-Wesley.
“Chris Rohlf and Chris Wysopal are influential subject matter experts in the industry, long-time friends and contributors to the Black Hat community,” said Trey Ford, General Manager of Black Hat. “We are excited to bring them onto the team in an official capacity, our Review Board members share the unique privilege of assessing the most innovative and cutting-edge security research from every corner of the industry.”
In addition to Chris Rohlf and Chris Wysopal, the Black Hat advisory board is comprised of the following researchers and leading industry minds:
- James Butler, Director of Research and Development at MANDIANT
- Matt Devost, President and CEO of FusionX LLC
- Mark Dowd, Independent Security Researcher
- Chris Eagle, Senior Lecturer of Computer Science at the Naval Postgraduate School
- Jeremiah Grossman, Founder and Chief Technology Officer of WhiteHat Security
- Nathan Hamiel, Principal Consultant for FishNet
- Robert Hansen, CEO and Founder of SecTheory
- Christopher Hoff, Chief Architect, Security at Juniper Networks
- Vincenzo Iozzo, Director of Vulnerability Intelligence at Trail of Bits
- Felix ‘FX’ Lindner, Owner of Recurity Labs
- Jeff Moss, Chief Security Officer, iCANN
- Shawn Moyer, Manager, Research Consulting Practice for Accuvant Labs
- Adam Shostack, Principal Program Manager at Microsoft
- Alex Sotirov, co-Founder and Chief Scientist, Trail of Bits
- Alex Stamos, co-Founder and CTO of iSEC Partners
- Robert Stratton, Director, Government Research at Symantec
- Yuji Ukai, CEO of Fourteenforty Research Institute Inc.
- Alex Wheeler, Independent Security Researcher
- Stefano Zanero, Assistant Professor with the Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione Milan & founder Secure Network
The world’s most significant security event brings together thought-leaders from around the world to dissect the latest security trends. This year Black Hat USA 2012 will host digital security experts, bringing together public and private sector security professionals and underground hackers in Las Vegas to uncover groundbreaking new vulnerabilities and new security tools debuting for the first time.
The 2012 Black Hat USA Trainings occurr on July 21 to 24 followed by 2012 Black Hat USA Briefings on July 25 and July 26.