Troubleshooting My backed up EA GAmes won't show up in the game!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, Oct 1, 2011.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

What happened is just what I feared would happen. When I go into the game the default Pleasantview is still there, with the stinking Caliente sisters, etc.. And I can't figure out why. When I go to Documents-->EA Games, my stuff is there! Neighborhoods, Downloads, Projects, movies, all there!

When I went to put them in initially I deleted the EA games that was there and copied mine from the flash drive to the computer under Documents the way it was before. Everything is in place the way it was before, but it is not showing up in the game. I'm just wondering...before I had the Double Deluxe Combination, Fun with Pets Collection or Apartment Life installed I had to have Best of Business CD in the C drive per instructions from the game when I had another CD in there (I think I had in whatever EP I'd loaded last). Then I had to go in via the Mansion and Gardens shortcut. No problem. That's because M & G was the last EP issued by EA. At the time I had M&G installed from it's own CD. Now I'm using it from Fun with Pets collection and there is no M&G shortcut and the game informed me I had to use the FWPets CD. No problem again. But it's still showing the default Pleasantview.

I can't think what else could be causing the problem. It's so frustrating. How can it be even bringing up the old Pleasantview when I deleted that EA Programs?How does the game actually work with the EA games under documents anyway? because it just doesn't seem to be grabbing my backed up games.

If there is another copy of EA Programs anywhere in my PC could it be grabbing that? I used to save the backups to the desktop because a lot of people said that was a good idea, but once I started using flash drives, I preferred that. But I deleted all of them, I thought. I don't know what to do. I rebooted and it didn't help.

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

If the game can't find what it wants in the EA Games folder it will recreate everything again with defaults.

Are your downloads appearing in the game? That would confirm if the game is looking in the right place.

3. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

I will check on the downloads; when I saw it was the default Pleasantview I didn't even bother to go in. I just can't figure out why it wouldn't be able to find what it wants.

4. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

No, the downloads are not showing up in the game, nor my own recolored items. If the game recreated a default EA games, where is it? Because the EA Games under my Documents file is the one I back-up before all of this with all my downloads, projects, neighborhoods, movies, etc. intact. So I can't figure out where this default EA Games is. I'm wondering if it is rejecting my backup EA Games because it was made when I didn't have all the EP's. Maybe I should have inserted it before I added the three new ones, but I really couldn't have done that because of Double Deluxe. That's why I HAD to uninstall everything first.

See the thread re Double Deluxe: http://uoem.com/forums/threads/if-i...p-pack-will-it-goof-up-my-sims-2-basic.21542/

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Have you enabled custom content? That might explain why the downloads are not showing up. It doesn't explain why your neighborhood is not showing up.

It shouldn't matter if you installed other EPs which weren't part of your game before. That's normal and they should show up just like normal, just like if you installed new EPs. Keep in mind that you don't have to start over with each new EP!

6. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Well, I thought I'd ask--whenever I installed new EP's my neighborhoods were already in place so it wasn't the same. I'll check on custom content but as important as that is my neighborhood is 100 times more important. I'll uninstall everything again and reinstall but that won't be useful if I don't know at which point I screwed up so I can do it differently. Without the Sims families I built up, my blog is useless and my game is useless. So life is over. Of course, if I'd actually had a life, then Sims 2 wouldn't BE my life. I'd LOL but it only hurts when I laugh...

It's just that it's driving me crazy that I still have my Sims on my flashdrive--but evidently no way to get them into my game.

7. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

Okay, I checked and made sure that custom content is enabled but it didn't make any difference apparently because it cannot or won't use the EA Games folder that is in Documents. In fact, I don't understand, in fact, why there are any neighborhoods at all in the game. Shouldn't the game be trashed without either my backup or the default? If the game regenerated EA Games default folder I cannot find it anywhere. And could the game find it if it is not under documents? Definitely, if the default EA Games folder was generated at some point after I deleted it, it is not where it should be and I have not been able to find it.

Right now under Documents there is only one EA Games folder and that is my backed up one. Under that is The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Store Edition, and The Sims 2 Double Deluxe. The Sims 2 and Store Edition were always there, only Double Deluxe has been added.

So it goes like this Documents-->EA Games-->The Sims 2. Under Sims 2 are all my downloads, all my projects, all the neighborhoods, all my movies that were there before. But they are not in the game.

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The regenerated neighborhoods are probably in your neighborhood file along with your regular ones.

I had this problem once, but it's been too many years ago and I don't remember what I did to fix it.